Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mom's Banana Bread

Banana Bread Muffins
Banana Bread is always a go to in our house and I always use a recipe my mom uses I just added a few things for some new flavor! I always keep banana's and because I make it so often my co-workers bring me theirs when they start to get extra ripe!
One thing to know when you are making Banana bread is to make sure you have very ripe banana's. I like them dark brown and soft!


You will need:
  1. 3 ripe bananas
  2. 1/2 cup of butter
  3. 1 cup of sugar
  4. 2 eggs
  5. 2 cups of flour
  6. 1 tsp. of baking soda
  7. 1/2 tsp. of salt
These next ingredient are optional but I think its what makes it!
  1. 1/2 cup of nuts (I use pecans)
  2. 1 teaspoon of dried orange peel (I use Penzey's)
  3. 1 tablespoon of Vanilla (I use Mexican Vanilla) 
Preheat the oven to 325. Mix all of your wet ingredients and then add in the dry.  Put into a greased loaf pan or muffin tin.
Cook large loaf for 1 hour
Small Loafs for about 40 Minutes
Muffins 25 minutes


This recipe makes 1 loaf of bread or 3 small loafs or about a 18 muffins!

Hope you Enjoy and Feel free to ask any questions!
**remember I'm new to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment